Our Ulysseys Journey through the South Ionian Islands
Imaging island hoping on board your own yacht, arriving at a new destination each day and explore the Ionian treasures in a unique way.
On our specially designed journey, you will create memories that will last for a lifetime.
The Ionian Islands are known not only for the incredible beaches and wonderful sailing, but for its breathtaking scenery and beautiful climate.
Our Ulysseys Journey incorporates our most favourite cycling & hiking routes, activities and hidden, local gems that we can’t wait to show you.
Our Ulysseys Journey if fully guided, so you can simply relax and let us take care of all the logistics and organisation.
Stress free sailing holidays in the Ionian Islands is what we do and the very best watersports activity holidays can be found here with us, Ionian Activities.
So what are you waiting for? Escape to the Ionian Blue today!
Overview of Our Ulysseys Journey
(8 Days / 7 Nights)
We start our journey in Preveza Port and we welcome you on board your yacht!
- Guided walk in the old charming town.
- Taste the delicious local fish
- Try local products
DAY 2 (30NM)
After our first breakfast on board, we depart for Lefkas island,to discover the most stunning, sandy beaches on the west side of the island.
- See Skorpios Island
- Explore the cosmopolitan town of Nydri on Lefkada Island
DAY 3 (18NM)
Adventure begins today, so get ready for the activities!
- Ride to the breathtaking Nydri waterfalls. The route to the waterfalls goes through a wonderful landscape of unspoiled nature. Greek countryside at its best.
- Refresh in the natural pool under the waterfall
- Set Sail for Fiskardo on the island of Kefalonia, 2.5 hours away.
DAY 4 (10NM)
Time to explore Fiskardo!
- Cycle the Battery Trail and experience the fascinating terrain of this beautiful island.
- Explore historical sites & abandoned villages
- Admire the landscape of Cypress Trees, Strawberry and agricultural fields.
- Visit The Tomb of Throni and the old village of Psilithrias.
- Sail for Ithaca Island (The home of Ulysses)
Day 5 (17NM)
Today we are fishing in the Greek sea,an exciting, amusing and unforgettable experience. Ithaca provides a huge variety of large and small fish species and they usually take the bait!
- Spin fishing
- Bottom fishing
- Sail to the island of Meganisi
Day 6 (15NM)
After breakfast, it’s time for our second walking hike around Meganisi.
- Follow the wild flowers with spectacular beauty and green landscape that will fascinate you.
- Explore Katomeri village
- Meet traditional grandmothers who weave woolen clothes with old wooden tools.
- Set sail to pass between the mainland and the island of Kalamos
- Overnight at Kastos
Day 7 (33NM)
Morning time at Kastos is quiet and spectacular and breakfast by the sea is a blessing, therefore it is enjoyed by all of us.
- This day is devoted to sailing.
- You will learn to tie a knot, adjust the sails and steer.
- Swimming and snorkelling in the quiet bay of Desimi beach on Lefkas island, we start sailing back to Preveza
All good things come to an end, so it is time to say goodbye and highlight the feelings we shared on board, keeping in your heart all the memories and friends you made along the way. The bond we created through our experiences will keep us close. You are now a part of the Ionian Sea, a part of nature, a part of Greece!
Total sailing distance of the trip:123 NM.